Thursday, October 9, 2008

Keeping My Head Down

I've been trying to keep a lower profile as of late--keep my ears & eyes open--& my head down.

Gargoyles in my city--that's not a coincidence. & it's not a mistake.

Gargoyles are guardians...sentries. & hunters--when they choose to be. & they are the best of the best. & they want me to hold my tongue. To be quiet.

They want to silence me.

I told you once, that I am a Dreamweaver. & I see things.

Before I slipped through the cracks, away from the Ciudad de Monstruos, & into your world--your reality--I started to have visions. Visions of the fall of mine...I watched the Ciudad start to crumble away...like a sandcastle in the tide.

I tried to speak out--to warn the others. No one wanted to listen. No one wanted to hear.

"How do you know these things? How can you see?" They implored me...

It's a rare gift amongst my kind--visions of the future...The gift of sight...

I signed my own death warrant. Why heed my words...why believe me...when it would be so much easier to hunt the last Dreamweaver? Or so they thought...

Well--I will not go easy. I will not lie down to die. I will not surrender to "the dying of the light."

The gargoyles--they surrounded me. They ambushed me. They shredded my wings 'til I fell to the Earth.

I would be dead now--if not for the intervention of an old friend. An outcast...much like myself.

Gabriel. How I missed that name on my tongue.

Gabriel is a gargoyle--an albino gargoyle. The only one I've ever seen. Cast out by his kind & shunned by all. But we were friends once. We are friends still.

Gabriel values the truth above all things. He believes me. He believes in me.

He is watching over me now--standing guard--playing sentry.

Justin...Ch1M3Ra...Things are not as they seem. Find me.

Follow the white gargoyle....

No comments: