Sunday, January 11, 2009

Invasion

I am the one you whisper about under your breathe. You burn candles to keep the shadows at bay--but you cannot evade me. You can't keep me out.

Not for long.

There is always a way in, a way to touch you.

You're frail. Weak-willed. I twist your dreams. Now I invade your airwaves.

"The Bandaged Man" you call me. How creative.

I am so much more than what you imagine. & I've such plans for you. For all of you.

I am the harbinger of death. Your deaths.

I am Death incarnate. I am your worst Nightmare. I am Chaos.

I am salty blood & sweet pain.

& I know your name. I know all of your names.

I have seen your fate.

I can change your destinies. If you come to me.

Don't make me find you--come to me, my sweets.

Kneel before my Red Gates. Bleed for me. & know what true freedom really is.

The time for cowardice is through.

You cannot hide from me--I see all.

4 comments:

Shawn C. Baker said...

YOU'RE BACK!!! YAY!!!

Missi Schmid said...

Thanks Shawn--although I'm pretty sure you're one of three people that actually read this thing!

Shawn C. Baker said...

Your description of violence in this piece was amazing - I'm feeling jealous. Keep it up, Your words pull the reader through each chapter like a noose pulls the guilty to the floor.

Missi Schmid said...

Wow--hot damn! "Like a noose that pulls the guilty to the floor"--i'm not sure I deserve that much credit--but thank you.

Don't be jealous--I assure you, most of the time I'm just flying by the seat of my pants & talking out of my ass--but I'm glad someone is enjoying this stuff.